Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dear McDonald's,

We need to talk.

You probably noticed that I started with "Dear McDonald's" and not "Dear McCafe". You see, much as I support your choice to expand your hot beverages menu -- and I've heard lots of good things about your coffee even though I don't drink it myself -- I can't get onboard with you welcoming me at the drive through with "Welcome to McCafe".

This is, as far as I can tell, the equivalent of entering a restaurant and being greeted with "Welcome to the Dessert Menu".

If you decide to change your actual restaurant name to McCafe, I will certainly think that's a bad idea but would readily accept being welcomed to McCafe, but until you make such a move, please call your business by its name.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment