Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dear Staples Cashier,

Much as I enjoyed you asking, "Did you find everything you were looking for?" I even more enjoyed the way you reacted when I said, "Not really." Apparently your training went as far as providing you with the scripted question, but never addressed what do so when someone (rarely) says no.

I truly enjoyed the awkward silence which, coupled with the deer-in-the-headlights expression on your face, was highly entertaining. Perhaps even more entertaining was the fact that after the aforementioned pause, you sort of snapped out of it and went about ringing in my order without ever mentioning it again. Ha! You kids are crazy!

Perhaps you should discuss the challenging matter of what to do if someone doesn't say, "Yes," to that question in the future. It's like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. There are different outcomes depending on the circumstances.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment