Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dear Pretty Much Anyone Who Waves at Me From a Car,

It doesn't really matter who you are or whether I know you; if you honk and/or wave at me from a car as you drive by when I'm walking in the neighbourhood, I'm going to wave back.

It's not that I'm overly friendly -- though I may be that, too -- but rather that I don't know who you are and so I wave to be on the safe side. By the time I'm able to register that a honk or wave has been made, realize that it has anything to do with me, make some sort of visual contact, and figure out who you are (or not), you're already a block away. I'm sure that now and then the honk has nothing to do with me, or it's someone being a goof, but oh well. I'm quite sure that this results in any number of waves at strangers.

So to the sunglassed guy in the sedan, it's either good to see you again (whomever you may be) or nice to meet you.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment